On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 01:51:41 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I skimmed through all these and the changes seem fine in principal.
> I have two mild concerns:
>
> 1. How does this change the class initialization order on VM startup?
> 2. Do any tests need adjusting due to potential changes in the exact message
> used by the IndexOutOfBoundsException?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hi David, your concerns are reasonable. I think this change would not affect
the class initialization order, because regardless of whether the patch is
applied or not, `java -Xlog:class+load -version` prints identical class
initialization order(for j.l.Objects and jdk.internal.util.Preconditions) as
far as I can see.
[class_load.log](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/files/6667168/class_load.log).
And tier1 tests are all passed w/o any modifications.