On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 02:39:01 GMT, Yi Yang <yy...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> After JDK-8265518(#3615), it's possible to replace all variants of
>> checkIndex by
>> Objects.checkIndex/Objects.checkFromToIndex/Objects.checkFromIndexSize in
>> the whole JDK codebase.
>
> Yi Yang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit
> since the last revision:
>
>   correct exception type; use anonymous inner classes

I found that after solving the problem that Preconditions cannot be used during
the VM startup, a series of functions such as String.checkIndex/checkOffset/..
can also be harmlessly replaced, but this changeset is somewhat large and may
overwrite the previous review progress. If it will confuse the current review
progress for reviewers involving in this PR, I'd like to file a new PR to do
this change later.