Hi Jaikiran,

This is on my list to look at but did not get to today.

Best
Lance
On Jun 27, 2021, at 11:52 PM, Jaikiran Pai
<j...@openjdk.java.net<mailto:j...@openjdk.java.net>> wrote:

Can I please get a review for this proposed fix for the issue reported in
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8190753?

The commit here checks for the size of the zip entry before trying to create a
`ByteArrayOutputStream` for that entry's content. A new jtreg test has been
included in this commit to reproduce the issue and verify the fix.

P.S: It's still a bit arguable whether it's a good idea to create the
`ByteArrayOutputStream` with an initial size potentially as large as the
`MAX_ARRAY_SIZE` or whether it's better to just use some smaller default value.
However, I think that can be addressed separately while dealing with

Commit messages:
- 8190753: (zipfs): Accessing a large entry (> 2^31 bytes) leads to a negative
initial size for ByteArrayOutputStream

Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4607&range=00
 Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/4607/head:pull/4607

[cid:E1C4E2F0-ECD0-4C9D-ADB4-B16CA7BCB7FC@home]

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
lance.ander...@oracle.com<mailto:lance.ander...@oracle.com>