Not really enough info given here to act on.  Exactly what java version/build are you using?   As Kevin suggested it best to try JDK17 EA first, but I can notarize simple test app with JDK16 , staple the notarization, and then download it and run it on other machines without the quarantine hacks.

While implementing support for the Mac App Store in JDK17, we had to change the way signing works (we now unsign the java runtime and then re-sign it's components together with the app's components, where we previously used the signing already present in the released jdk.)  For this reason I think  it is better to look only at problem that persist in JDK17 at this time.

/Andy