Hi,

I have a quick question on JDK-8198997 [1] (a follow-up of JDK-8194154
[2]) which introduced normalization for the cached "user.dir" property
in order to avoid "inefficient, repeated normalization".

However, from what I can see, WinNTFileSystem.getUserPath(), the only
place where the cached and normalized "userDir" is used, still calls
normalize() on each invocation:

class WinNTFileSystem extends FileSystem {
    private final String userDir;
    public WinNTFileSystem() {
        userDir = normalize(props.getProperty("user.dir"));
  }
    private String getUserPath() {
        return normalize(userDir);
    }

Is this just an oversight (in which case I'll fix it) or am I missing something?

Thank you and best regards,
Volker