> This reimplements core reflection with method handles.
>
> For `Constructor::newInstance` and `Method::invoke`, the new implementation
> uses `MethodHandle`.  For `Field` accessor, the new implementation uses
> `VarHandle`.    For the first few invocations of one of these reflective
> methods on a specific reflective object we invoke the corresponding method
> handle directly. After that we spin a dynamic bytecode stub defined in a
> hidden class which loads the target `MethodHandle` or `VarHandle` from its
> class data as a dynamically computed constant. Loading the method handle from
> a constant allows JIT to inline the method-handle invocation in order to
> achieve good performance.
>
> The VM's native reflection methods are needed during early startup, before
> the method-handle mechanism is initialized. That happens soon after
> System::initPhase1 and before System::initPhase2, after which we switch to
> using method handles exclusively.
>
> The core reflection and method handle implementation are updated to handle
> chained caller-sensitive method calls [1] properly. A caller-sensitive method
> can define with a caller-sensitive adapter method that will take an
> additional caller class parameter and the adapter method will be annotated
> with `@CallerSensitiveAdapter` for better auditing.   See the detailed
> description from [2].
>
> Ran tier1-tier8 tests.

> [2]
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8271820?focusedCommentId=14439430&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14439430

Mandy Chung has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The pull request now contains 27 commits:

 - Make MethodAccessor non-volatile.  Remove MHInvoker/VHInvoker.
 - Merge
 - minor cleanup and more test case.
 - Rename InvokerBuilder to ReflectionInvokerBuilder
 - Fix NativeAccessor.c build issue for the renamed classes
 - Shorten the class name
 - Rename the accessor classes to make it explicit for method handles
 - Add a new test for testing methods whose parameter types and return type not
visible to the caller
 - Move the handling of native accessor to the factory method for
method/constructor accessor
 - DirectConstructorAccessorImpl should take the MHInvoker parameter
 - ... and 17 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/161fdb4a...1e68d004

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5027&range=08
  Stats: 6529 lines in 75 files changed: 5990 ins; 327 del; 212 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5027/head:pull/5027