On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:25:22 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This fix intends to honor the type (std/dst/generic) of parsed zone name for
>> selecting the offset at the overlap. Corresponding CSR has also been drafted.
>
> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Replaced integer literals.
>  - Refined wording #2

src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/format/DateTimeFormatter.java line 508:

> 506:  * of {@link ChronoLocalDateTime#atZone(ZoneId)}. If the {@code ZoneId}
> was
> 507:  * parsed from the zone name that does not indicate daylight saving
> time, then
> 508:  * the standard offset will be used at the local time-line overlap.

As written, I would read it as being the generic zone name that gets altered,
rather than a zone name that explicitly indicates "winter" time. maybe:

"If the {@code ZoneId} was parsed from a zone name that indicates whether
daylight saving time in in operation or not, then that fact will be used to
select the correct offset at the local time-line overlap."

src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/format/DateTimeFormatterBuilder.java line
4906:

> 4904:         private static class LENIENT extends CI {
> 4905:
> 4906:             private LENIENT(String k, String v, int t, PrefixTree
> child) {

Is class `LENIENT` actually in use?