On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 00:09:31 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I have a question related to the custom cacerts which can be added to the
> OpenJDK bundle. How do you pass the tests like
> test/jdk/sun/security/lib/cacerts/VerifyCACerts.java using that custom jdk
> bundle? Probably we can add an additional configuration to that test so it
> will check the custom cacerts passed to the build as well?

@mrserb
So VerifyCACerts is specific to the make/data/cacerts certificates, the README
specifically states there that when those are updated VerifyCACerts needs
updating. It checks things like fingerprints etc..

If a developer or other provider decide to provide their own cacerts file, then
it is up to them to have verified and trust those certificates. They won't run
the VerifyCACerts which is specific to the openjdk certs.
This is the case at Adoptium for example, which uses the Mozilla trusted CA
certs.