Hi Jaikiran,

Thanks for working on this and apologies for the long silence.

I believe your analysis of the issue is very valuable.

Unless there is some clever trick we could do to allow to unlink
the file from the file system before deleting it, so that the file
path can be reused, it seems indeed that using FILE_SHARE_DELETE
doesn't buy us much benefit.
It is a pity, but IMO it was well worth the investigation.

Unless others on this list disagree, or can suggest other tricks,
I would suggest shelving this work for now.

best regards,

-- daniel