On 3/03/2022 10:47 pm, Julian Waters wrote:
Hi David,

I did not create the PR, I'm instead asking for others to review it before I help the author create the issue on the JBS. Should I just go ahead and create the issue for them?

The best thing would be for the PR creator to discuss the proposed API addition on the mailing list first. I have a fairly good idea what the outcome of that discussion will be but ... :)

Cheers,
David

best regards,
Julian

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 8:45 PM David Holmes <david.hol...@oracle.com <mailto:david.hol...@oracle.com>> wrote:

    Hi Julian,

    On 3/03/2022 10:33 pm, Jules W. wrote:
     > Hi all,
     >
     > A new PR that adds methods to PriorityQueue was created some time
    ago at
     > https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/6938
    <https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/6938> but has no corresponding
    issue. As
     > I'm not too familiar with this part of the JDK I'm querying this
    mailing
     > list for anyone to properly review the PR before I create an
    issue for it
     > in the JBS

    First you need an issue, then you review a PR. Your PR would not be
    seen
    by anyone unless they go looking for it, as without the association
    with
    an issue, the system will not send the email to the mailing lists.

    I see someone is helping you create the issue so things should progress
    in that sense. But note the bar for adding to a public API is set
    very high.

    Cheers,
    David