On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:07:18 GMT, Stuart Marks <sma...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Pretty much just what it says.
>
> Stuart Marks has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Adjust nonfinal CSMs and rework error reporting in CheckCSMs.java test

Yes, the CheckCSMs test needed to be updated to remove
ObjectStreamClass#forClass from the list of non-final CSMs, as that method is
now part of a final class. The error message about ObjectStreamField#getType is
misleading; I've fixed up the error reporting for this case.

It would indeed be interesting to make adjustments to ObjectStreamField.
However, it's publicly subclassable, and it's not serializable, so a different
set of dynamics apply. I'd like to consider that effort separately from this PR.