On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:27:35 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is the implementation of JEP 425: Virtual Threads (Preview); TBD which
>> JDK version to target.
>>
>> We will refresh this PR periodically to pick up changes and fixes from the
>> loom repo.
>>
>> Most of the new mechanisms in the HotSpot VM are disabled by default and
>> require running with `--enable-preview` to enable.
>>
>> The patch has support for x64 and aarch64 on the usual operating systems
>> (Linux, macOS, and Windows). There are stubs (calling Unimplemented) for
>> zero and some of the other ports. Additional ports can be contributed via
>> PRs against the fibers branch in the loom repo.
>>
>> There are changes in many areas. To reduce notifications/mails, the labels
>> have been trimmed down for now to hotspot, serviceability and core-libs.
>> We'll add the complete set of labels when the PR is further along.
>>
>> The changes include a refresh of java.util.concurrent and ForkJoinPool from
>> Doug Lea's CVS. These changes will probably be proposed and integrated in
>> advance of this PR.
>>
>> The changes include some non-exposed and low-level infrastructure to support
>> the (in draft) JEPs for Structured Concurrency and Scope Locals. This is to
>> make life a bit easier and avoid having to separate VM changes and juggle
>> branches at this time.
>
> Alan Bateman has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Refresh 8d8f0a2fd646e57fe6b4e8ab669f836dc46dda69

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/nio/ch/DatagramChannelImpl.java line 770:

> 768:         synchronized (p) {
> 769:             DatagramPackets.setLength(p, n);
> 770:             p.setSocketAddress(sender);

Hmmm... For integrity it might be better to call the public
`DatagramPacket::setData(byte[] buf, int offset, int length)` method here now.
The additional advantage is that the private access to
`DatagramPackets.setLength(p, n);` will no longer be needed.