On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 03:37:27 GMT, Stuart Marks <sma...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Basic but fairly comprehensive set of tests for `IdentityHashMap`. The patch
> in the bug report that breaks `IdentityHashMap` now causes several cases in
> this new test to fail. There's more that could be done, but the new tests
> cover most of the core functions of `IdentityHashMap`. Unfortunately it seems
> difficult to merge this with the existing, comprehensive Collections tests
> (e.g., MOAT.java) because those tests implicity rely on `equals()`-based
> contract instead of the special-purpose `==`-based contract used by
> `IdentityHashMap`.

Probably the same file. It would be nice to be able to re-use some general Set
and Collection tests, but the identity semantics make this difficult to do
without extensive refactoring.

**

Oh wait, `removeAll` and `retainAll` use the membership contract of the
argument, not those of this collection. The current keySet/values/entrySet
tests test `toArray` and `contains`, which seems almost sufficient. Well, maybe
tests for `remove` on these view collections would be helpful, but I think
that's about it.