On Wed, 11 May 2022 12:50:39 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Thank you for these useful inputs Magnus. I did these changes locally but
>> for some reason this format-nonliteral is not getting picked up while
>> building that library. I will investigate and see what's going on. Will
>> update the PR once I figure it out.
>
> I agree with Magnus and try to avoid changing the imported zlib code.

>  I did these changes locally but for some reason this format-nonliteral is
> not getting picked up while building that library.

Turns out that was slightly inaccurate. What was actually happening was that,
that setting you suggested in that build file did indeed work and got picked
up. But it ran into an error which looked like:

src/java.base/share/native/libzip/zlib/gzwrite.c:452:40: error: format string
is not a string literal [-Werror,-Wformat-nonliteral]
    len = vsnprintf(next, state->size, format, va);
                                       ^~~~~~