On Thu, 12 May 2022 04:15:50 GMT, Alexander Matveev <almat...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> - It is not possible to support native JDK commands such as "java" inside
>> Mac App Store bundles due to embedded info.plist. Workarounds suggested in
>> JDK-8286122 does not seems to be visible.
>>  - With proposed fix we will enforce "--strip-native-commands" option for
>> jlink, so native JDK commands are not included when generating Mac App Store
>> bundles.
>>  - Custom runtime provided via --runtime-image should not contain native
>> commands as well, otherwise jpackage will throw error.
>>  - Added two tests to validate fix.
>
> Alexander Matveev has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   8286122: [macos]: App bundle cannot upload to Mac App Store due to
> info.plist embedded in java exe [v2]

I'm just catching up with this thread. Based on the analysis, it's pretty clear
that any solution that actually allows bundling native launchers is going to
take more research, and is out of scope for this bug. Some combination of
[JDK-8286850](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8286850) and/or
providing Java launchers that don't have an `Info.plist` is likely needed to
provide a complete solution.

Given that, I think that this PR seems a reasonable fix to avoid creating an
app bundle that can't be uploaded to the app store.

Marked as reviewed by kcr (Author).