On Wed, 18 May 2022 14:56:47 GMT, Christian Stein <cst...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR adds an optional description accessor on `ToolProvider` interface.
>
> This PR also adds short description for each of the listed tool:
> - `jar`
> - `javac`
> - `javadoc`
> - `javap` and `jdeps`
> - `jlink` and `jmod`
> - `jpackage`

Main issue is the one I raised at the beginning, about what grammatical form
you should be using for the short description.

Also, is the description a phrase (probably not capitalized, and no terminating
period) or a sentence (capitalized with a terminating period.)

src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/tools/javac/main/JavacToolProvider.java
line 30:

> 28: import com.sun.tools.javac.util.JavacMessages;
> 29: import java.io.PrintWriter;
> 30: import java.util.Optional;

at least in javac, we normally sort `java.*` and `javax.*` imports before other
imports.

src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/tools/javac/resources/javac.properties
line 387:

> 385:
> 386: javac.description=Read Java declarations and compile them into class
> files
> 387:

for your general consideration, what grammatical style do you recommend here?
Should it be 3rd person (Reads) instead of 2nd person (Read)