> I saw some compiler warnings when I tried to build OpenJDK with GCC 12.0.1 on
> Fedora 36.
> As you can see, the warnings spreads several areas. Let me know if I should
> separate them by area.
>
> * -Wstringop-overflow
>     * src/hotspot/share/oops/array.hpp
>     *
> src/hotspot/share/jfr/recorder/checkpoint/types/traceid/jfrTraceIdBits.inline.hpp
>
> In member function 'void Array<T>::at_put(int, const T&) [with T = unsigned
> char]',
>     inlined from 'void ConstantPool::tag_at_put(int, jbyte)' at
> /home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/hotspot/share/oops/constantPool.hpp:126:64,
>     inlined from 'void ConstantPool::method_at_put(int, int, int)' at
> /home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/hotspot/share/oops/constantPool.hpp:380:15,
>     inlined from 'ConstantPool*
> BytecodeConstantPool::create_constant_pool(JavaThread*) const' at
> /home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/hotspot/share/classfile/bytecodeAssembler.cpp:85:26:

Yasumasa Suenaga has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 11 commits:

 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into gcc12-warnings
 - Use getter function to access "_data"
 - Revert changes for bytecodeAssembler.cpp, classFileParser.cpp,
symbolTable.cpp
 - revert changes for memnode.cpp and type.cpp
 - Add assert to check the range of BasicType
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into HEAD
 - Revert change for java.c , parse_manifest.c , LinuxPackage.c
 - Calculate char offset before realloc()
 - Use return value from JLI_Snprintf
 - Avoid pragma error in before GCC 12
 - ... and 1 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/c156bcc5...042c1c70

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=8646&range=07