On Mon, 23 May 2022 15:36:01 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <sh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Okay, so the issue is SpliteratorTest uses preview APIs and having the
>> configuration in TEST.properties means that all the streams tests are run
>> with this option.
>
> Yes, `TEST.properties` is way too broad. I'd keep the current patch as is,
> instead of trying to fix that one. I suspect there is some funky
> TestNG/othervm interaction going...

These specific stream tests are odd, in the sense that they live in a test root
that is TestNG and they are only "imported" into jtreg. The toplevel
TEST.properties file gets only once chance to set the correct parameters, for
all tests. I've tried adding more local flags, nearer to the test, w/o success.
I'm obviously happy to do it another way.

I have tried adding a jtreg header in that test, but that doesn't fix the
problem - because _all_ the tests are passed to testng at once, which compiles
them and runs them. So either the flag is present when that happens, or it is
ignored.