On Fri, 27 May 2022 15:24:46 GMT, Rob McKenna <r...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Test change to silently pass if the test environment encounters a
> NoRouteToHostException. These are intermittent at the moment but I will
> attempt to find an alternative to the use of example.com in some follow up
> work.

test/jdk/com/sun/jndi/ldap/LdapTimeoutTest.java line 135:

> 133:                     failedCount++;
> 134:                     cause.printStackTrace(System.out);
> 135:                 }

Maybe this could be simplified as:

  Throwable cause = e.getCause();
  // don't fail if we get NoRouteToHostException
  if (cause instanceof NoRouteToHostException) continue;
  if (cause != null && cause.getCause() != null) cause = cause.getCause();
  if (cause instanceof NoRouteToHostException) continue;
  failedCount++;
  cause.printStackTrace(System.out);