On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 08:22:11 GMT, Raffaello Giulietti <d...@openjdk.java.net>
wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Math.java line 823:
>>
>>> 821:      * @apiNote
>>> 822:      * This method corresponds to the convertTowardPositive operation
>>> 823:      * defined in IEEE 754.
>>
>> Probably what is meant is IEEE `convertToIntegerTowardPositive` (not
>> `convertTowardPositive`).
>> However, that's another kind of rounding, which always rounds any
>> non-integral value toward positive infinity, not just ties. This is not what
>> happens with this method.
>
>> not just ties
> Plz. disregard this 3 words

Okay, checking the IEEE 754-2019 spec again, there are operations to round a
floating-point value to an integral-valued floating-point value
(roundToIntegral{$ROUNDING_DIRECTION_ATTRIBUTE} and separately operations to
round from a floating-point value to a value in an integer format
(convertToInteger{$ROUNDING_DIRECTION_ATTRIBUTE} ). However, as noted, there is
no IEEE 754 operations for rounding up only for ties. I'll remove the API notes
for the round methods; thanks for catching this.