On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 19:22:37 GMT, Weibing Xiao <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 8290313: Produce warning when user specified java.io.tmpdir directory
>> doesn't exist
>
> Weibing Xiao has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   add the change for nio and update the code according to the comments

Is the primary motive to catch scenarios where someone provides
-Djava.io.tmpdir=<baddir> on the command line? I asked this via a comment in
the JBS issue last month and it would be useful to know if this is the scenario
that you are interested in. If it is, then I think we should look at a warning
at startup rather than delayed warning (or two warnings with the current patch).

src/java.base/share/classes/java/nio/file/TempFileHelper.java line 53:

> 51:     // print out the error message for java.io.tmpdir setting
> 52:     static {
> 53:         if (!Files.isDirectory(tmpdir)) {

This won't work with a security manager set.