On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 13:24:37 GMT, Julian Waters <jwat...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> C11 has been stable for a long time on all platforms, so native code can use
>> the standard alignas operator for alignment requirements
>
> Julian Waters has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Semicolon

I don't think the other bug/PR (JDK-8250269, PR#11431) to change HotSpot's
ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED should be combined with the changes outside of HotSpot.
They are doing rather different things, despite the token "alignas" occuring
in both.  I've been meaning to review PR#11431, but have been swamped.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13258#issuecomment-1504401317