I'd be happy to file a JIRA for the bug, I just want to make sure I understand
what the bug is: is it the misleading "null pointer" message or is it that
someone is listening on this port and not doing anything useful?  I mean,
what is the configuration parameter dfs.secondary.http.address for?  Unless
there are plans to make this interface work, this config parameter should go
away, and so should the listening thread, shouldn't they?

Thanks,
  -Yuri