Hi list,

 I added a property dfs.hosts.exclude to my conf/hadoop-site.xml. Then
refreshed my cluster with command
                     bin/hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes
It showed that it can only shut down the DataNode process but not included
the TaskTracker process on each slaver specified in the excludes file.
The jobtracker web still show that I hadnot shut down these nodes.
How can i totally decommission these slaver nodes on-the-fly? Is it can be
achieved only by operation on the master node?

Thanks,
Jeremy

bytecode based virtual machine.

http://coderplay.javaeye.com