Good afternoon all,

I work tech and an extreme nubbie at hadoop. I could sure use some help. I have a professor wanting hadoop installed on multiple Linux computers in a lab. The computers are running CentOS 5. I know i have something configured wrong and am not sure where to go. I am following the instructions at http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~cs147a/lab/hadoop-cluster/ I get to the part Testing Your Hadoop Cluster but when i use the command "hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+' " It hangs. Could anyone be kind enough to point me to a step by step instillation and configuration website?

Thank you
Brian