On Jun 4, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Kris Jirapinyo wrote:

Hopefully we can have a new page on the hadoop wiki on how to
use custom compression so that people won't have to go search through the
threads to find the answer in the future.

Yes, it would be extremely useful if you could start a wiki page with your discoveries. Since you had to discover it, it will be clear to you what needs to be documented.

On a similar note, I always find that I write the best comments in code after I leave a section for 6 months and have to figure out what I meant when I wrote it. Otherwise, it is too obvious. *smile*

-- Owen