Although it may not support your specific need for log files, I just
happened to run across this link today and thought it was relevant for
a thread about GUI tools for Hadoop:

   http://www.hadoopstudio.org/

It's a plugin for working visually with Hadoop in NetBeans.  The page
describes it as an alpha release, and while I haven't tried it out
yet, the screenshot at least looks very promising.

--
Tom Wheeler
http://www.tomwheeler.com/