Marcus,

We currently use 0.20.0 but this patch just inserts 8 lines of code into
TaskRunner.java, which could certainly be done with 0.18.3.

Yes, this patch just appends additional jars to the child JVM classpath.

I've never really used tmpjars myself, but if it involves uploading multiple
jar files into HDFS every time a job is started, I see how it can be really
slow. On our ~80-job workflow this would have really slowed things down.

Thanks,
Mikhail