Thanks for responding Tamas. I will definitely report the bug. Would there
be any work-arounds to this issue? Is there a way to change the default
device if it is an aggregate prior to instantiating an AVAudioEngine?
Chris

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Tamas Nagy <tamas.lov.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a known issue - at least DTS confirmed this is an AVFoundation bug
> - , exists from 10.10 Yosemite if I can recall. Please report it at
> bugreporter.apple.com. I’ve reported it around 6 months ago, but nothing
> really happened since then. The more bug reports to more chance this will
> be fixed in 10.14.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> On 2018. Feb 9., at 20:53, Christopher Baine <christopherba...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am having an issue with AVAudioEngine starting with an Aggregate Device
> as the default output device. Below is my sample code, which works fine
> with any other output card selected. When I select an aggregate as my
> default device in the System Preferences, it crashes on the
> engine.connect() call. I am on 10.13.1, and am having the same issue on
> 10.12.6
>
>
> import Cocoa
> import AVFoundation
>
> class ViewController: NSViewController {
>
>
>     let engine = AVAudioEngine()
>     let player = AVAudioPlayerNode()
>
>
>     override func viewDidLoad() {
>         super.viewDidLoad()
>
>
>         addPlayer()
>         startEngine()
>     }
>
>
>
>
>     func addPlayer() {
>         engine.attach(player)
>         engine.connect(player, to: engine.outputNode, format: nil)
>     }
>
>
>
>
>     func startEngine() {
>         do {
>             try engine.start()
>         }
>         catch {
>             print("ERROR", error)
>         }
>     }
>
>
>
> Here is the log:
>
> *2018-02-09 13:53:53.014046-0500 TEST_AVEngineAggregate[18127:655111]
> [DDAgg] DefaultDeviceAggregate.cpp:58:GetPreferredStereoChannels: Error
> getting preferred stereo channels from device 206: 'who?'*
> *2018-02-09 13:53:53.014208-0500 TEST_AVEngineAggregate[18127:655111]
> [DDAgg] DefaultDeviceAggregate.cpp:108:GetPreferredChannelLayout: Error
> getting preferred channel layout from device 206: 'who?'*
> *2018-02-09 13:53:53.015634-0500 TEST_AVEngineAggregate[18127:655111]
> [avae] AVAEInternal.h:69:_AVAE_Check: required condition is false:
> [AUInterface.mm:678:EnableIO: (isInput ? auv3().canPerformInput :
> auv3().canPerformOutput)]*
> *2018-02-09 13:53:53.017059-0500 TEST_AVEngineAggregate[18127:655111]
> [General] An uncaught exception was raised*
> *2018-02-09 13:53:53.017075-0500 TEST_AVEngineAggregate[18127:655111]
> [General] required condition is false: isInput ? auv3().canPerformInput :
> auv3().canPerformOutput*
> *...*
>
> I have tried checking to see if the preferedChannelLayout, or the
> preferredStereoChannels is an issue, via:
>
>     func getOutputCardPrefferedChannels(id: AudioObjectID) {
>         var propAddress = AudioObjectPropertyAddress(mSelector:
> kAudioDevicePropertyPreferredChannelsForStereo, mScope:
> kAudioObjectPropertyScopeOutput, mElement: kAudioObjectProperty
> ElementMaster)
>         var prop: Array<UInt32> = Array(repeating: 0, count: 2)
>         var propertySize: UInt32 = UInt32(MemoryLayout.size(ofValue:
> prop))
>         let err = AudioObjectGetPropertyData(id, &propAddress, 0, nil,
> &propertySize, &prop)
>         print(err, prop)
>
>
>     }
>
>
>
>
>     func getOutputCardPrefferedChannelLayout(id: AudioObjectID) {
>         var propAddress = AudioObjectPropertyAddress(mSelector:
> kAudioDevicePropertyPreferredChannelLayout, mScope: kAudioObjectPropertySc
> opeOutput, mElement: kAudioObjectPropertyElementMaster)
>         var prop: AudioChannelLayout = AudioChannelLayout()
>         var propertySize: UInt32 = UInt32(MemoryLayout.size(ofValue:
> prop))
>         let err = AudioObjectGetPropertyData(id, &propAddress, 0, nil,
> &propertySize, &prop)
>         print(err, prop)
>     }
>
>
>
>
> Which prints:
>
> ****** AGGREGATE *********
>
> *Aggregate Device*
> *0 [1, 2]*
> *0 AudioChannelLayout(mChannelLayoutTag: 0, mChannelBitmap:
> __C.AudioChannelBitmap(rawValue: 0), mNumberChannelDescriptions: 4,
> mChannelDescriptions: __C.AudioChannelDescription(mChannelLabel:
> 4294967295, mChannelFlags: __C.AudioChannelFlags(rawValue: 0),
> mCoordinates: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)))*
>
>
> ******* BUILT IN OUTPUT *********
>
> *Built-in Output*
> *0 [1, 2]*
> *0 AudioChannelLayout(mChannelLayoutTag: 0, mChannelBitmap:
> __C.AudioChannelBitmap(rawValue: 0), mNumberChannelDescriptions: 2,
> mChannelDescriptions: __C.AudioChannelDescription(mChannelLabel:
> 4294967295, mChannelFlags: __C.AudioChannelFlags(rawValue: 0),
> mCoordinates: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)))*
>
>
> These don't throw any errors.
>
> The aggregate consists of the Built In Output, and SoundFlower 2ch. (So
> 4ch output total) I have also tried making an aggregate with only the
> built-in output as well as aggregates with other output cards, but it also
> crashes.
>
> Any help or thoughts on where to begin troubleshooting this would be
> greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> _______________________________________________
> Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
> Coreaudio-api mailing list      (Coreaudio-api@lists.apple.com)
> Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
> https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/coreaudio-api/
> tamas.lov.nagy%40gmail.com
>
> This email sent to tamas.lov.n...@gmail.com
>
>
>
 _______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Coreaudio-api mailing list      (Coreaudio-api@lists.apple.com)
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/coreaudio-api/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to arch...@mail-archive.com

Reply via email to