Hi All.

I’ve run into an interesting bug on the latest Mac OS update that I've applied
(10.13.4) with my Focusrite Scarlet card.

For some unknown reason I’m getting problems with sample rate mismatch which
weren’t there before the update. After a computer restart it would appear that
the card is being set to 44.1kHz sample rate by default. The problem is that
this isn’t being matched in the system  / core audio settings so up / down
sampling is being performed even if it isn’t required.

At first I noticed that audio sounded flat (my default is 48kHz) I went into
audio midi setup and changed the sample rate to 44.1 kHz, all was good and
audio returned to the correct key, I changed it back to 48kHz and all was still
good. I’ve now restarted several times and the same thing keeps happening; I
have to go into audio midid set up and change the sample rate to get everything
to re-synchronise in the core audio drivers. It’s especially amusing if I
re-start with the sample rate set to 96kHz (Barry White eat your heart out).

Has anybody else come across this since the update was pushed out? I haven’t
updated and drivers, (and I’m not sure that I have any specific ones installed
in any case) so Mac OS is my prime suspect that this point in time.

Cheers

Russell