Hi list,

I am writing a companion tool for an AudioServerPlugIn which needs to access
the client HAL APIs for some basic AUGraph I/O stuff to interact with other
devices. This companion is running in global context (launchd’s system domain),
and I can access the client HAL APIs just fine, but I wonder if there are some
restrictions or considerations to be made when accessing those APIs from global
context—or if this even is considered bad in any regards.

I couldn’t find any documentation on from where it is safe to access the client
HAL APIs, except the QA1811 document mentioning accessing from within a
AudioServerPlugIn being unsafe.

Does anyone have experience or just some comments on this?

Thanks a lot!

Max