On 11/23/09 10:58 AM, Uwe Hermann wrote: > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:01:26PM +0800, Bao, Zheng wrote: > >> Should the spkr.c be in the folder sb600, or more public folders like >> pc80? >> > It looks generic to me, I'd put it into lib or src/arch/i386/lib as it > might be x86-specific. > > I wrote a similar function for v3 a while ago, see attached file. Feel > free to use that one or merge the best parts of both. > > svn co svn://coreboot.org/repository/coreboot-v3 > > File: arch/x86/speaker.c > > However, in your file spkr.c (please rename to speaker.c for better > readability) there is no license header, so we cannot commit it. > Please add the usual GPL header and/or reuse my code (if it works, > don't remember how much of it was tested in v3). Thanks! > > > Uwe. >
I like this code a lot, but we should have a policy that beeping with a delay is only allowed in fatal situations or something... Booting slower for noise is not good (unless we play some really awesome jingle) Stefan -- coreboot mailing list: [email protected] http://www.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/coreboot

