Hi coreboot folks!

I dared to link a coreboot ramstage with, well, not only C but also some
fancy Ada code. Things worked out well enough and I'd like to release
the code and upstream it.

So, first question: Would it be accepted? being written in a foreign
language?

This code is essentially another native graphics init for Intel hardware,
currently supporting eDP on Ivybridge (tested as native graphics init),
and everything but VGA on Haswell/Broadwell (only tested after VBIOS
ran). It's actually written in SPARK (Ada subset, with some provability
extras). Some internal discussion concluded that we may release it if
there is either real interest in the community to take part in further
development or at least the will to review it and give feedback. As this
is one of the areas where I work on nearly the same code in C and Ada, I
hope for the former :)

Thoughts?

And here comes the disclaimer: Supporting the upstreaming of this code
may result in further development in Ada (currently I only have simple
device drivers in mind). I hereby wash my hands of any damage that may
arise from that :P

Nico

--
M. Sc. Nico Huber
Senior Berater SINA-Softwareentwicklung

Tel.: +49-201-5454-3635, Fax: +49-201-5454-1325
E-Mail: nico.hu...@secunet.com
Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn, Deutschland
www.secunet.com

Sitz: Kronprinzenstraße 30, 45128 Essen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Vorstand: Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Vors.), Thomas Pleines
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Peter Zattler