Assigning regular devices such as a graphics card to a VM works just fine, but when I try to assign an intel i350 virtual function I receive the error

"error: internal error: Invalid device 0000:07:10.0 iommu_group file /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:07:10.0/iommu_group is not a symlink"

The PF's are split in to seperate IOMMU groups like every other pci-e device but for some while the VF's appear in lspci they aren't placed in IOMMU groups at all not even in the ones that the PF's are in.

Weird.

Note: PCI-e root ports all report ACS support and so does the NIC and I am using the /etc/modprobe.d/blahblah.conf max_vfs option to enable SR-IOV.

Help from intel is blood from a stone, so I am wondering if anyone else has this successfully working? (I just bought a null modem cable and I now have free time to supply whichever logs are needed)