On 05/09/2017 05:26 PM, taii...@gmx.com wrote:

On 05/08/2017 12:40 AM, ron minnich wrote:

I am long past believing one can build secure platforms on any x86 chipset. This mess only strengthens that conviction. But there are some great RISC-V
announcements this week!
How come risv-v has no DMA security features? ala IOMMU? if you want to do virtualization that is also a must have due to the performance differential - you couldn't push 1gbps on a emulated NIC without serious processing power.

I wish intel/amd had done their supervisor PU's as removable modules like a hardware TPM, for security (theater) they could have a fuse on the CPU that if blown will require the device to be present for the computer to boot up but otherwise it isn't required at all. Easy way to satisfy everyone.