Hey Ron,

> You can't enter long mode (x86-64) mode without enabling paging. you need
long mode if you need to operate on more than 2^36 bytes
> of memory. That's coming everywhere. Hence,* the future of coreboot is
unambiguously one in which paging is on and at least*
*> in my case** I found it's possible to make that happen in the boot block
*-- albeit a bigger boot block than we have today.

So, turning on the Virtual Mode (paging ON), you'll also imply that
Coreboot will initialize and use MMU, don't you?

Am I correct, or you can use paging without MMU?! I doubt that, perhaps.
So, then, I would like to see this code in Coreboot where MMU is
initialized. And how it is initialized (maybe there is a some
over-simplified mode of operation using 2MB pages). Since... You know,
32bit OSes use physical pages to map them via MMU to be virtual contiguous
space (0-4GB space per process). And since CB is still 32bit creation... In
other words, you would like to have ONLY one uninterruptible "process" in
CB running all the time (no threading at all) to be virtualized???

And my question is: what for? Or I did not get the idea... Who really needs
to use paging in boot-loaders? Even INTEL, which (on purpose) makes things
way over-dimensioned and over-complicated, does NOT use paging in UEFI
BIOSes, so far???

Zoran