On 08/30/2017 12:58 AM, Philipp Stanner wrote:

Am 29.08.2017 um 20:15 schrieb Timothy Pearson:
On 08/29/2017 06:10 AM, Rene Shuster wrote:
Wow.
My favorite part is where the NSA itself basically admits that the ME
can't be trusted!  I wonder if they are looking at other architectures
or if this HAP bit was enough for their needs?

By the way: Do AMD-boards have a similar mechanism of evil?
Yes it is called AMD-PSP and present in the newer stuff such as AM4 and FM2+, although they did entertain the idea of providing a method to disable it in a reddit thread which a PR guy claims the CEO paid attention to so I suppose a corporate customer that purchases sufficient volume could convince them to actually do it. much better than intel's ignoring of the issue.