On 01/31/2018 02:16 PM, Timothy Pearson wrote:

Since you've mentioned the remaining lands are also misaligned, I'd
throw that CPU away.  You currently risk burning out the multiphase
regulator and/or attached peripherals (RAM, PCIe), depending on if the
lands are now misaligned enough to put voltages where they don't belong.

Those lands are very robust; the only way I can think of to chip off one
or two would be putting the CPU land-side up and dropping something on
it.  For more extensive damage, it's possible the CPU was repeatedly
overheated at some point in the past as well.
The expert has spoken!
Thanks for the advice all.

I will add a section to the wiki about insisting on a bottom photo for used G34 CPU's.