On 04/04/2018 05:31 PM, Aaron Durbin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:55 AM, Piotr Król <piotr.k...@3mdeb.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I can't compile tianocore payload using coreboot-sdk:1.50 and coreboot 4.7.
>>
>> VfrUtilityLib.cpp: In member function 'CHAR8*
>> CVfrStringDB::GetVarStoreNameFormStringId(EFI_STRING_ID)':
>>
>> VfrUtilityLib.cpp:3375:26: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between
>> pointer and integer [-fpermissive]
>>    if (mStringFileName == '\0' ) {
>
> That's just an incorrect check. i.e. bad code. Current master seems to
> not have that error.
>
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/BaseTools/Source/C/VfrCompile/VfrUtilityLib.cpp
>
> FWIW, comparing a char (integer) to a pointer is indeed incorrect.

Agree, but coreboot use old commit from edk2. Is it fine to push vUDK2018?

I believe coreboot should stick to edk2 releases not to random commits
in the tree.

Can anyone tell what tests were made against tianocore payload? There
are patches in payload/external/tianocore/patches and I'm not sure
against what hardware those should be validated.

Best Regards,
--
Piotr Król
Embedded Systems Consultant