26. Jun 2018 07:44 by alexfein...@hotmail.com <mailto:alexfein...@hotmail.com>:

> Chris,
>
> The GPIO tables are usually compiled into the BIOS C code and not into ASL.
> While decompiling DSDT can give you some insight into what GPIOs are used for
> say WLAN power control or some of the hardware interrupts, there is also a
> number of Kaby Lake pins that drive system signals or control onboard
> hardware without going through ASL. For instance Coreboot build for KBL RVP3
> uses this:
>
> https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/blob/master/src/mainboard/intel/kblrvp/variants/rvp3/include/variant/gpio.h
>
> <https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/blob/master/src/mainboard/intel/kblrvp/variants/rvp3/include/variant/gpio.h>
>

> What Niko suggests is to review carefully all the lines that use GPIO_CFG_GPO
> (output) to ensure that no pins that are configured as output unless you are
> absolutely sure about where they go. Of course, this requires you to
> understand the code

Hi Alex,
I mentioned dumping the ACPI code to ask if I can use it in the .asl files in
mainboard directory (for example
https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/blob/master/src/mainboard/purism/librem_skl/acpi/ec.asl

<https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/blob/master/src/mainboard/purism/librem_skl/acpi/ec.asl>).
 Dumping data for gpio.h I guess is hard because inteltool doesn't support
Kabylake and I have no schematics. Nico said I can try booting without the GPIO
config, but I don't know if the laptop will be usable without it.
Thanks,
Chris