Hi Zvika,

On 27.06.2018 05:04, Zvi Vered wrote:
> How can I know what is the right flashrom programmer I should use ?

for your case, `internal` is correct.

> The vendor's programmer works without any external hardware.
> When I tried: flashrom --programmer internal, I got:
> ----------------------
> flashrom v0.9.9-rc1-r1942 on Linux 4.13.0-36-generic (x86_64)
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
>
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> WARNING: No chipset found. Flash detection will most likely fail.

It seems your version of flashrom lacks support for your chipset. It
might have been added in the meantime, see [1] for a full list of cur-
rently supported hardware and [2] for list of the latest release. Even
if it's still unsupported, with some luck flashrom just lacks the PCI
ID.

Nico

[1] https://flashrom.org/Supported_hardware
[2] https://flashrom.org/Flashrom/1.0/Supported_Hardware