Hi Jonathan,

On 13.02.19 08:31, Jonathan Zhang wrote:
> Hi, I am working on porting coreboot to Skylake SP and OCP Tiogapass
> with FSP 2.0. I have a strange issue that I hope to get some wisdom.
> The boot hangs when executing this line "sub %ecx, %ebx" in
> src/arch/x86/walkcbfs.S

I don't know what might cause it, but have two pointers:

1. I was wondering why you would have to look at CBFS from assembly at
all. Do you have CONFIG_FSP_CAR set? Using the FSP CAR setup is probably
not the best idea, as it is likely the least tested path. Better select
a native coreboot solution instead, in case.

2. First idea that always jumps into mind when I see early instabili-
ties: Do you have microcode updates *matching your CPU stepping* in your
coreboot.rom? It might also be worth to check if the FIT table points
correctly to them (64 bytes from the top of the .rom should be a pointer
to the FIT, that should have an entry pointing to the updates). I don't
know about Skylake, but generally, there may be steppings that need an
update really early.

Hope that helps,
Nico