Hi everybody,

thanks to all contributors who voted on the issues brought up by
the coreboot leadership team. We had 119 eligible voters and three
questions.

I'll now summarize the results:

# How to handle copyright notices
https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_9e4f5ea789b9ceb9
59 of 119 eligible contributors voted

The options to choose from were:
- Create an authors file and remove all existing copyright lines
- Create an authors file but leave existing copyright lines
- Don't create an authors file or change existing copyright lines

"Create an authors file and remove all existing copyright lines"
won over both other options.

# Line length
https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_4707336f38d21793
68 of 119 eligible contributors voted

The options to choose from were:
-  96 characters
-  80 characters
-  88 characters
- 120 characters
- 132 characters
- no length limit

"96 characters" won over all other options.

# Automatic code formatting
https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_47ad51b336de3a6b
61 of 119 eligible contributors voted

The options to choose from were:
- Submitters should run clang-format before submitting a patch and
  it should be rejected in gerrit if it’s not formatted properly
  with an error telling them how to format it.
- coreboot should stick with manual formatting.
- Code should just get automatically reformatted on a regular basis.

"Submitters should run clang-format ..." won over both other options.

There's a coreboot leadership meeting today where I'll present the
results to leadership in detail and decisions will be finalized there,
but the long and short of it is that out of the options presented,
contributors (overall) prefer automatically formatted code that
aims for 96 characters and without individual copyright lines in the
file headers over all other options.

There will be work to be done before these are implemented however.

I'll happily answer any questions on the election, its methodology
and the outcome.

Thanks,
Patrick // election supervisor
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg