Hi Alex,

On 04.06.19 22:27, Alex Feinman wrote:
In my Coreboot build (derived from kblrvp configuration) based on 4.9
label I am seeing that MRC test is run on every boot. From what I can
tell, what happens is:
1) On first boot the MRC cache is not found (correct). MRC test is done
and the MRC cache is saved successfully. If I pull the BIOS image down,
I can see valid contents of the MRC cache where they are supposed to be
2) On the second boot MRC verification fails because rdev_mmap does not
have .mmap method in the rdev ops. Since this rdev is based on
boot_device_rw_nommap, this seems to be both intended and clearly wrong.

this is odd. AFAIK, it should use boot_device_ro (src/arch/x86/
mmap_boot.c).

I'm open to suggestions

Share your code. The FMD format alone provides enough flexibility that
it's impossible to tell what could go wrong. Also, your .config might
contain some spurious setting (though, I don't see how it could result
in using the rdev).

Nico