Hi Marshall,

> For example in Trinity, IIRC, consumer products in mobile packages
> had their IOMMUs fused off because of the power they'd sip. IOMMU
> wasn't considered a compelling feature for mobile products at that time.

Luckily mobile A10-5750M (although this is 15h Richland, slightly
newer than Trinity) found in G505S - has a functional IOMMU. H owever
it wasn't working at proprietary UEFI - only with coreboot. Thank you
very much for your explanation, and especially
> let me just end with that's definitely not how I remember the discussions for
> either of those two features
note.

> please refrain from posting baseless speculations on this mailing list

Well, I just wanted someone to confirm or deny it. No harm from a
"baseless speculation" if it is disproved at the next letter. Thanks
to Marshall's letter, now I know that the return of IOMMU to 16h Puma
together with the introduction of AMD PSP - is just a pure
coincidence.

Best regards,
Mike Banon