Could you guys explain your board layout a little more for those of us
not familiar with your project? Is this SOM/COM something that runs
coreboot code, or just something that the SoC running coreboot code
talks to? In the latter case, I would say that it's a peripheral and
thus its code belongs under src/drivers/ (e.g. maybe
src/drivers/som/<vendor>/<model>). (Although there is some precedent
with src/ec and src/superio to have this stuff at top-level... I guess
the question is whether this module has the same kind of exceptional
position on the board as those other chips.)