On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 10:21:38 +0200
Nico Huber <nic...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
Hi,

> >>  Raw card type:    D
Is there more information on such "card type" somewhere?
Is there a way to avoid buying such "card type"?

> last time we encountered problems with type D DIMMs, we concluded that
> it's not supposed to work [1]. Can you confirm if your DIMMs are
> stable with the vendor BIOS?
I didn't try with the stock BIOS on a Thinkpad X200 yet, but I tried
with the stock BIOS on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet and it didn't work.

> We should probably issue a warning when type D is installed.
Is there also a way or place where to issue warnings to people before
they buy and install such cards? Is doc.coreboot.org for users too?

For instance there is also some limitations on the individual chip
size, that are mentioned in the Libreboot wiki[1], though they don't
mention yet this type D issue yet (I've just informed them about it,
I'll probably end up sending a patch for fixing it there as well).

> [1] https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/68
Thanks a lot for the reference.