Keith Hui <buu...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> You'll know me as one of the driving forces keeping our i440BX port alive. I
> did see the two latest patches trying to modernize it and I swear I'll get to
> it soon, because to be honest, that P2B-LS board has a
> special place in my mind and is not going away, although it is not seeing
> much use anymore in practice, which brings me to my next step and question.

Thanks for that.
The C_ENVIRONMENT_BOOTBLOCK for i440BX has been merged.
The following patches are still pending:
https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/36775/ (i440bx console in bootblock)
https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/37164/ (i440bx run romstage cached)

> Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Tablet. This is now my daily machine. Due to some snafu
> on my part I bought a second unit with only Wacom pen but no touch. The
> non-tablet X230 is in the tree and there were
> some notes on tablet hardware. I need to buy a test clip to access the flash
> chip. Now I wonder if this guy is "already" supported.

It looks like the tablet variant is not explicitly supported. It
probably boots with a x230 build, but I suspect there is not support for
the wacom digitizer.

> Asus M4A785TD-M EVO. AM3, family 10h, closest cousin was m4a785t-m, but I
> don't know where it went now.

AMDFAM10 support was dropped after the 4.11 release. It lives on in the
4.11 branch.

> Asus P8Z77-M. Closest cousin is p8z77-m_pro. Mine is not pro, but I don't
> know off my head what the difference is. And I get to deal with ME.

Best way to deal with ME is to not deal with it at all and just flash
the BIOS region ;). Some possible differences are enabled/disabled pci
devices and gpio's. You should be able to add the board as a variant.

Kind regards