On 10.04.20 08:52, Alesandar Metodiev wrote:
> It would be nice if we push that change to the mainline, but I believe that
> it was declared as 0x87 on a purpose.

I assume bit 2 simply turns the FW function on and off. People without a
FW connector would simply see a spurious FW controller. But we can do
better of course :)

> Probably because of the USB/modem version of the chip? We will have to
> detect this somehow, so other people won't have to be in the same situation.
> Any ideas? I will try to spend some time during the weekend.

There is a 1394_DTCT line in the schematics. It goes straight to GPIO16
of the PCH. It has a pull-up on the mainboard, so if GPIO16 is low, we
should have FW => 0x83 if it's high => 0x87.

If you can switch between the daughter cards easily, please check GPIO
values with inteltool (in util/inteltool/ of the coreboot tree) for each
card.

Nico