> The issue is that Tianocore fails to execute (hangs the system) when
> used as a legacy boot/alternative bootloader entry on 90% of CrOS
> devices which support the alternative bootloader feature, and since
> coreboot disables console output via the CPU UART, I don't have a good
> way to debug the issue (ie, no CCD output). The exact same Tianocore
> payload works as the primary/only payload with upstream coreboot on
> these platforms (all GeminiLake, Kabylake, Cometlake and probably
> other boards). The only boards it works on are some (but not all) AMD
> Stoneyridge boards (google/kahlee) and Intel Whiskeylake
> (google/sarien).

Well, if you want to track this down your best bet is probably to
recompile coreboot with serial output enabled. If you cannot reproduce
this with upstream, you can build from the respective Chromium OS
firmware branch for that device. Then you'll have exactly the same
code we build. (You could also try extracting the depthcharge binary
from a Chrome OS image and inserting it into an upstream coreboot
image you built, if you think it's a problem specifically with how
depthcharge loads the payload. But I think it's more likely to be a
difference in coreboot.)

I can also just send you Chromium firmware images with serial output
enabled for specific boards if that helps (we have those readily
available, we just don't have a system to make them public). Let me
know which ones you need.